We are always looking for reliable and motivated people. If you have an interest in contributing to a quality product and have a strong work ethic – apply below and tell us which position is a good fit for you.
- Full-time and part-time hours
- Flexible shifts
- Competitive wages and opportunities for advancement
- Are dedicated to food safety and safe work
- Enjoy doing physical work, as part of a team
- Are reliable and motivated
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and commitment to quality work
Production Worker – Participate in BC’s food production industry.
- Cutting/trimming, tying, packing and labelling chicken products with a high degree of attention to quality control;
- Transferring product between lines and around the plant;
- Feeding and unloading poultry processing machines and lines;
- Preparing, lining, sorting and moving boxes;
- Cleaning work areas and equipment;
- Supporting the production team as needed.
- Previous experience in food processing would be an asset however no specific skills are required and training will be provided.
- Must be prepared to do physical work in a refrigerated environment, doing repetitive tasks.
Hatchery Workers – This position is responsible for egg handling, hatch preparation and support, and general clean up.
- Help with egg delivery – sorting and placement
- Transferring eggs from incubators to hatchers
- Transfer chicks to barns
- Assisting with hatches – separating chicks from their eggs and culling chicks
- General cleaning and set up of equipment
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment and trays, to Farmcrest high quality standards
- Candidates must be comfortable working with live animals with attention to animal welfare.
- Must be capable of physical work (lifting, bending, twisting) and able to tolerate a dusty and humid farm environment.
- Class 1 or Class 5 with air endorsement.
- Driving routes across Canada, within British Columbia, as well as part-time local routes transporting live birds.
- Winter Driving Experience will be an asset
- Please specify your interest in driving locally or longer haul in the comment section [below].
- This position involves manually and mechanically catching and loading birds into crates for transport to the plant.
- Strong work ethic and attention to Animal Welfare practices.
- Must be capable of physical work in varying farm environments.
- Shift typically starts at dusk.
- Class 1 Drivers License will be an asset.
Shipper/Order Builder – Shippers/order builders ensure that customer orders are accurately picked, safely packaged and loaded on trucks for delivery.
- Builds orders from three different product lines (Organic, Non-GMO, Conventional)
- Registers customer orders and collaborates with administration office to queue invoicing
- Supports inventory management
- Requires strong communication, organization and attention to detail.
- Must be capable of physical work (bending, lifting and twisting up to 25 kg), in a refrigerated environment.
- Previous packaging/shipping experience or similar experience requiring accuracy and organization is required.
- Forklift operation will be an asset.
- *Afternoon shifts
General Farm Labourer
General Farm Labourer
- Support crop planting and production
- Feed, water and monitor birds
- Clean and prepare barns
- Repair and maintain farm buildings and equipment
- Operate tractors and other farm machinery
- Must have strong work ethic and an interest in physical work.
- Previous animal husbandry and experience operating farm equipment is preferred.
Cleaning and Sanitation
Cleaning and Sanitation – Sanitation crews are responsible for the specialized cleaning and sanitation of work areas, tools and equipment in the production plant.
- Clean plant and equipment ensuring that food production sanitation requirements are consistently met
- Must have demonstrated attention to detail, an interest in cleanliness and an understanding of food safe sanitation.
- Experience cleaning/sanitizing with pressure washers will be an asset. Training will be provided.